There are many perks, benefits, and reasons for attending a DNN Summit. Beyond the knowledge and friendships gained there are always more reasons to attend! With this year’s Summit being held in Denver we’ve really got some nice experiences in store for summit attendees with one of them being “DNN on the Slopes”.
That’s right, from beginners to avid skiers there will be some "Shredding the gnar" at the post-conference portion of the Summit. Oh, you’re not interested in skiing or boarding? We’ve got snowmobiles and tubing too… and to quote Cassidi Brickner of 10 Pound Gorilla “This ain’t your grandma’s tubing either”. There are indeed several ways to hit the slopes and even if you don’t want to take to the slopes you can still join us at the Happy Hours or as the locals call it - Après Ski!
But How Do We Get There!
Getting from the conference to the slopes will be stress free for DNN Summit attendees. We’ll depart downtown Denver in a bus and head about a 1.5 hours west to Winter Park, Colorado. Don’t worry, we will be very vocal in communicating the location and time of the bus departure. Also, you’ll be sure to see the picturesque Colorado Mountains, which will literally be “As cold as the Rockies”, covered in snow as we make the trip to 9,000 feet.
We will ultimately arrive at Beaver Village Condominiums
in Winter Park. We have 1 and 2 bedroom units reserved. They can sleep 4 and 6 with sofa sleepers. Get your friends together and save some money!
Call 844.207.9300 to make reservations and mention “DNN Summit” or Group ID "92" for lodging discounts. You will not receive the discounted rate if you reserve online.
The room block expires on December 30th and the quality of units varies. Those who reserve first will most likely get the nicer units, so book early and ask for a Platinum or Gold unit.
Beaver Village condominiums are 2 blocks from the main downtown area of Winter Park and 2 miles from the Winter Park Ski Resort
. The large complex is set in a campus setting with three clusters and a centrally located clubhouse. The entire condo complex is surrounded by the Arapaho National Forest and has spectacular views of the Continental Divide. Units have fully equipped kitchens, fireplaces, free in unit Wi-Fi access and private balconies.
The main clubhouse has an indoor pool, 3 indoor hot tubs, 2 relaxing lobby areas, complimentary wireless access, and guest laundry. See you in the hot tub!
We’ve investigated and discussed the group event with multiple ski resort management teams to find the best packages available. We worked hard to build in flexibility and diversity of the packages from which DNN Summit attendees can choose.
With that said the possible options for the DNN Summit skiing adventure are:
- Saturday - Tubing & Après drinks with appetizers at Denos
- Sunday – Choose from skiing, snowboarding, or snowmobiling with Après Ski Drinks and appetizers at Vertical on Sunday. (Ski and board rentals are included)
- $68 – Après Social Events Only
- $83 – Tubing & Après Social Events Only
- $115 – Ski/Board Rental, Tubing & Après Social Events Only (No Lift Ticket)
- $163 – Lift Ticket, Tubing & Après Social Events Only (No rental)
Obviously attendees are welcome to come and go and attend whatever events and attractions as desired. Though, if you want to stick with the group here’s the schedule:
Saturday, January 21st
Sunday, January 22nd
- 10:30am — Bus departs Embassy Suites (Trying to get a sponsor to cover cost of travel)
- 12:00pm — Arrive at Beaver Village Condos and Check-in
- 2:30pm — Meet at Bus Stop to Go to Tubing Hill
- 3:00pm — Go Tubing! Lift Accessible and Fast... Check it out
- 4:15pm — Catch Bus to Deno's for Après Tube
- 6:45pm — Go Next Door to Epic Mountain Sports to Rent Skis and Snowboards
Monday, January 22nd
- 8:00am — First Chair Lift Skiers Meet at Bus Stop
- 8:30am — Ride Chair Lift at Winter Park Resort
- 10:00am — Fair Weather Skiers meet at Bus Stop
- TBD — Snowmobilers Meet at Bus Stop to head for Continental Divide Ride via Grand Adventures
- 4:00pm — Après Ski & Snowmobile Meet at Vertical Bistro
- 7:30am — Bus departs for Denver International Airport (Trying to get a sponsor to cover cost of travel & dependent upon need)
We Hope to See You On The Slopes With the DNN Community!
After a few days of knowledge sharing and learning we hope to find you riding a six pack, picking a line and indulging in some Après Ski. It will be a blast and we’ll connect with each other “outside of the code” and get a little rest and relaxation in at the same time. It’s going to be a great time on the slopes, in the hot tub, and sliding down the tubing hill!
If you have any questions or need extra info regarding the skiing trip, please reach out to us.
Again, to book your reservations call 844.207.9300 and mention “DNN Summit” or Group ID "92" for lodging discounts. You will not receive the discounted rate if you reserve online.