In this “DNN Programming 101” course, we will introduce you to module development for DNN. This includes learning about the different module development techniques from standard webform modules to the newer MVC and SPA techniques in addition to professionally packaging and distributing your module for your customer or organization. We will also touch on the newest extension type for DNN 9 -- Persona Bar extensions. This is hands-on training, and we’ll provide the tools so that you can test and learn the current best practices and how to extend them to DNN 9 and beyond.
Using a hand-on approach, each attendee will be tasked with creating a fully functional module to perform data entry and reporting.
All day course running from 9am to 5pm, lunch will be provided.
- Basic DNN Architecture
- Extension Types
- Module Creator - "Quick and Dirty" modules
- Install Extensions
- Module Development Techniques
- Start a Project Using a Template
- MVC Module Development
- Module Views and Navigation
- Module Settings
- Data Access Techniques
- Error Handling, Debugging, and Logging
- SPA Module Development
- Buidling DNN Framework Services
- Ajax Services Calls from the UI
- Lab: Restaurant Menu Module
- DNN 9 Persona Bar Extension Primer
- Questions and Answers